Vinyl decking is becoming increasingly popular among homeowners in Los Angeles. It is an excellent…
To maintain a well-groomed appearance of vinyl fencing, you do not have to make significant efforts to purchase special equipment or materials. However, it is advisable that a vinyl fence is maintained regularly since the material is exposed to the environment during operation.
Fencing maintenance tips
- For washing vinyl fencing, it is convenient to use a garden hose. Water jets of medium pressure will be enough to remove dust and not very persistent contaminants from the surface of the material.
- Contaminants that could not be removed with a jet of water can be removed using a soft brush or rag.
- In order not to apply significant efforts in the removal of persistent pollution, you can take advantage of the achievements of household chemicals. According to the specialists, good results are obtained by using this composition: one part of the washing powder is taken in two parts of trisodium phosphate (Soilax) and the mixture is dissolved in 4 liters of water.
- If you notice that mold has appeared on the vinyl fence (this can occur in conditions of high humidity), the above composition will help, in which a liter of water is replaced with a 5% solution of any chlorine-containing substance.
Use of powdered substances during the cleaning of vinyl fences
Cleaning powders contain abrasive particles that can damage the surface of the siding, leaving scratches on it.
- If you decide to use cleaning powder, do not leave it on the siding surface for more than 5-10 minutes. Before applying the powder, the surface should be moistened.
- After you have finished cleaning, the remaining cleaning agent must be thoroughly washed off with plenty of water.
- Do not use substances containing organic solvents to clean vinyl fences. It is also not recommended to use pure chlorine – this can cause significant damage to the fencing surface.
- Liquid for removing varnish, solvents or substances intended for degreasing surfaces should not be allowed to enter the surface of vinyl fencing.
For the first time after installing a siding, care for it consists mainly in washing off the dust and minor contaminants with a stream of water from a regular garden hose. Often, heavy rain is enough to make the siding shine clean. If the coating is heavily soiled, a soap solution can be used.
Also, take into account
- It is recommended to wash the coating from the bottom up, not from top to bottom.
- If you started washing vinyl fencing, it is best not to do this selectively, but to walk through all the panels without exception.
- Washing is conveniently carried out using a brush, which is used when caring for cars – of course, it should be with a long handle. The soft bristles of such a brush will not allow you to damage the surface of the material. The most enterprising people attach a garden hose to the brush, fixing it on the handle.
- Never use a stiff bristle brush, even if the coating is very dirty. It is better to refrain from using abrasive powder products.
- If you notice the appearance on the surface of siding fungus, specialists advise using the following composition: 1/3 cup of washing powder, 2/3 cup of household cleaner to dissolve in 3.5 liters of water plus 900 g of liquid bleach should be added to this composition.
If, when caring for vinyl fences, you take into account these simple recommendations, your home will retain its impeccable appearance for a long time.